Love robotics? Love Engineering? Want to be part of a rapid start up with heavy funding and projects that are disrupting several industries?
I’m working with a stellar start-up company who are spear-heading the robotics industry and are scaling their Engineering teams with people who love building robots!
Based in London with plans to open in other locations, they are one to watch out for in this space.
About the Role
- Play a critical role in enhancing our next generation prototype robot platforms.
- Develop these to a stage where the product is ready for commercial deployment.
- Since everyone in the team is an expert in at least one aspect of robotic system development (and all are robot fanatics), we expect you
- to demonstrate genuine passion in this area.
- Modelling the mass/payload, velocity, power requirements (low fidelity).
- Creating a new chassis.
- New suspension / wheels(6) – centre powered with 4 caster.
- Engineering a new drive system (brushless motors, gearing, encoders). This will involve rapid procurement with budget, quality and safety standards constraints.
- New lithium battery design – flat low profile and easily removable.
- Generate specifications for 3rd party mass production
- Collaborate with supporting parties for ISO/IEC certification.
- MSc/MEng (or equivalent) in Robotics, Mechatronics, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- This is very much a multi-disciplined role drawing on electrical, mechanical, robotics, controls, engineering and preferably some programming such that the candidate may contribute to other areas upon completion of the work package.
- Preferably someone who has built some type of robotic vehicle before.
- The role will require experience in specifying and procuring components.
- Enough experience to be able to work independently (guidance can be provided if necessary).
- Knowledge of circuits, electric motors, power, drive systems, structural forces, batteries, standards and regulations, control systems.
- Preferable software skills: C, C++, Python
- Autonomous robotics.
- CMake, Docker, Travis and other build and deployment techniques.
- Working with a highly motivated and culturally diverse team
- Deeper learning in a hands-on, practical role
- Stock options and pension scheme
- Support for personal development e.g. budget for trainings/courses/materials etc.
- Flexible working where applicable
- 28 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)