- Day to day management of our Engineering team. Near-term, this means leading engineers directly. Medium-to-long-term, this means leading engineering managers as our team scales.
- Product execution. You'll work closely with our product leaders to scope new features, iterate on existing features, and lead the execution against agreed upon timelines.
- Hiring. You'll work with our COO to craft a hiring plan to scale the Engineering Team, and work with HR to build a pipeline of extraordinary candidates. You should be energized by closing new hires and passionate about developing top talent.
- Executive leadership. You'll report directly to our COO and regularly participate in board meetings, company All Hands, and executive meetings on Engineering goals and progress.
- Have experience growing an engineering team from scratch: from sourcing, to offer letters, to onboarding and beyond.
- Possess strong executive leadership skills — thrive in motivating a team towards a common goal, and be a firestarter to bring out the best in their direct reports.
- Have exhibited success with managing engineers, including goal setting and mitigation planning.
- Have a background in fostering technical initiatives such as planning for scale and delivering high availability.
- Have experience scaling an engineering team building a two-sided marketplace.
- Have managed engineers in building both consumer-facing and ops-supporting products & tools.
- Have the ability to both effectively communicate upwards goals to peers and executive leadership, as well as convey the value and motivation behind those goals to engineering contributors.