Intelletec's client is looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager to join their growing team. As one of their founding engineering managers, you will own the technical output of the engineering organization. You will ensure high technical standards by instituting processes (architecture reviews, testing) and culture (engineering excellence), and review and drive the long term technical direction of our products.
- Directly manage engineers of all levels; provide feedback and guide promotions and leveling processes
- Scope and plan key deliverables by working with engineering managers and IC's to ensure project planning of key initiatives.
- Coordinate within the organization alongside PM, marketing, and sales to ensure delivery of key initiatives. Influence product strategy alongside the PM team.
- Help to recruit, inspire, and develop a high performing and creative engineering team
- Be both a hands-on coder and an effective people leader
- Implement best practices in a fast-paced engineering environment
- Champion engineering excellence and culture, establish metrics for regular improvement
- Minimum 6+ years of hands-on technical development experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience mentoring and leading engineering teams
- Experience managing teams that build and operate high volume distributed systems in a SaaS environment
- Experience running the day-to-day sprint process for an engineering team
- Experience programming in Go or related language
- Experience designing and building systems in a microservices-based architecture
- A foundational understanding of multi-threaded programming, concurrency primitives, and data structures
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working in high growth venture-backed startups
- Blog, teach, mentor, or help others learn outside of your day to day responsibilities