Intelletec has partnered with the leading provider of retail Point of Sale solutions to the legal cannabis industry.
Unlike typical POS solutions, the number one job of a retail system is to ensure compliance with the myriad state rules and systems. The company prides itself on making the daunting task easy. As engineering manager for the compliance systems, you’ll lead an engineering team that creates an ever more robust, scalable, easy-to-use, and accurate compliance system. This position reports to the VP of engineering.
As a fast-moving startup, we value people who can take on whatever comes their way, figure it out, and get it done. But these are the typical responsibilities:
- Be a great partner with a product manager: He/she figures out what’s needed, you figure out what’s possible. You are sensitive to tech debt but also appreciate a MVP.
- Hire the best engineers. You have high standards, you know how to find great potential in candidates, you coach others to be great interviewers.
- Grow your team. You thoughtfully balance company and individual goals, and you find creative ways to maximize both. You are a natural coach.
- Consistently deliver. You have a great bag of tools and you know when to use each one (and when NOT to). You naturally juggle as priorities change, without losing sight of the long term goals. You could teach a master’s class in agile development, but you are not dogmatic about it. You are on top of each project and bring a “no surprises” mentality to your partners.
- Make tough calls. Your team is counting on you for a wide range of decisions every day. You make those decisions with the right mix of speed, thoughtfulness, data, and most of all, great judgment.
- Support the team technically. You do not need to be the smartest engineer on the team, but you should be completely comfortable jumping into the code base, either to help out or to evaluate your team’s work.
Just as we don’t have fixed responsibilities, we do not stand on rigid qualifications. As guidance, people with this kind of background tend to do well:
- 3+ years engineering management, including responsibility for hiring, promotions, and managing out.
- 7+ years engineering background, with significant experience developing large-scale SaaS solutions.
- Experience building for enterprise customers.
- Be great at, and excited about, the responsibilities listed above