A Personal Health Tech Startup, who have raised over $75m are looking for an Engineering Manager.
Based in New York this Series B Company has hit the ground running with their home-based product helps people get the smile they've always wanted at a price they can afford. This is 65% discount from market rates as a result of the proprietary technology developed.
The team is full of ex Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health Engineers, so you will be around great company!
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to build and grow our engineering team. You will recruit, hire, and mentor engineers across our stack, including UI, mobile, infrastructure, architecture, and data. You will be responsible for guiding the team through the design and delivery of our core applications and for developing sound technical solutions that will allow us to scale the business as we grow. In addition, you will partner cross-functionally with our product, design, and marketing teams. You will report directly to our VP of Engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and mentor a squad of engineers
- Recruit and help grow the engineering team
- Additional third-party tools such as Stripe, Cloudflare and others to simplify services such as payments, CDN, etc
- Wide use of open source tools
- Github-based rapid deployment environment
- Build and manage the architecture that powers us
- Work across design and engineering to polish the product experience
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
What You’ll Need
- 3 years minimum experience as an Engineering Manager / Senior Tech Lead
- Experience working across the stack
- Experience working with growth and product teams to meet business needs
- Fluency in the mechanics of the internet, including TCP/IP, DNS, caching
- Fluency in one or more of software language
- Proven engineering skills in a consumer-focused business
- Experience building delightful user experiences
- Ability to balance iteration speed with quality
- Strong business instincts and fundamentals