Engineering Manager w/ AI Startup || Toronto
We have an exciting Engnieering Manager opportunity based in Toronto with our client who has raised over $8m USD.
Our client is an exciting FinTech startup utilizing AI to help with building trust between landlords and tenants with game changing Screening, Insurance, and Lending services. They offer an AI-powered credit reporting, scoring, and financial services for landlords and tenants. Ultimately, the use of AI helps landlords and tenants eliminate the stress of the eviction experience by offering an inclusive credit bureau and tenant screening platform, lease protection insurance, and low-interest pay-day lending (12.5%) to help tenants get back on their feet when life throws those unexpected curveballs.
As the Engineering Manager you will be leading processes and organizational structure changes for a high-growth engineering team, while coaching a collaborative and ambitious team of user-focused software engineers. You will be facilitating relationships with Product, UX, Operations & Sales as necessary.
A passion for quality, an obsession with automation and a love of beautiful code are fundamental in helping us drive our vision and taking it to the next level. We're looking for engineers with experience using Python, Node.js, Deep Learning, AWS, NoSQL, and SQL.
- Have the opportunity to design and develop brand new technology with the potential to impact the whole world
- Take initiative to introduce improvements and close product gaps.
- Work closely with product management, design, and internal teams to understand needs and develop solutions to improve operations and end-user experience.
- Directly impact delivery times, profit margins and customers - both internal and external.
- Employ state of the art technologies to creatively solve complex problems.
- Be accountable for the success of the team's work, including projects and product delivery, as well as the performance and growth of individuals on your team.
- Work with extraordinary and dedicated engineers.
- 3 - 5 years leading and managing engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience using Python
- 1+ year of experience using Node js.
- 2+ years of experience using SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Strong knowledge and experience implementing AI, Machine Learning, Computer Vision
- 1+ year of experience using NoSQL (MongoDB preferable)
- 2+ years of experience using AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- User empathy, you understand your clients' needs and requirements