My clients unique database, built from Apache Druid, enables them to develop the next generation of analytics applications. With my client, developers can build without constraints as their database lets them create interactive data experiences on streaming and batch data with limitless scale and at the best economics.
Backed by leading investors including a16z and Bessemer Venture Partners, my client is on a fast growth trajectory - disrupting the $100B database market - with customers including Salesforce, Reddit, and Intercontinental Exchange.
The Enterprise Account Executive role is a territorial sales position selling the solution to companies across the West region. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, detail oriented, process driven (MEDDICC), and will employ an evangelical and strategic approach to all sales engagements. They will demonstrate a consistent track record of success in achieving new customer objectives and revenue targets.
Responsibilities include running your territory as a franchise CEO; pipeline generation; champion building; leading presentations, and providing rapid response to outstanding technical questions. In partnership with a Sales Engineer (pre-sales), they will ensure optimal customer support and service throughout the sales process.
- Create a territory plan and execute to generate revenue and acquire new customers
- Work with existing customers to expand opportunities within the account and identify new ones
- Conduct presentations and product demonstrations in partnership with Sales Engineers
- Consult with prospects to determine the best solutions for their specific needs; recommend solutions, prepare/present proposals, and get contracts executed
- Demonstrate an understanding of client requirements regarding infrastructure and data, and how the their solution can meet these requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of enterprise client budgeting and purchasing processes, typical recommender and decision maker roles involved, and how to progress opportunities from identification to final close
- Achieve all individual activity and revenue targets set by the company
- Log sales activity (prospecting, opportunities, revenue, next steps) in Salesforce and other tools, as needed
- Be able to travel as required, to meet prospects and customers face-to-face; approximately 25% travel expected, as permitted
- 2+ years of direct quota carrying sales experience, selling enterprise solutions, specifically analytics, database, or similar technology
- History of overachieving quota, acquiring new logos, and identifying new business opportunities within accounts
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Experience successfully leading sales cycles with emerging technologies in a variety of sales situations, including product evaluations and demonstrations
- Demonstrated experience in developing business relationships with all levels of enterprise organizations; a true “hunter” mentality who strives for the close
- Solution selling experience with SaaS, managed solutions, or cloud infrastructure solutions a strong plus