We've partnered with the premier provider of energy and water management services for real estate owners, investors, and operators.Their mission is threefold. Increase the performance and value of buildings. Improve the comfort, health, and productivity of occupants. Eliminate negative impacts on the planet.
This is individual is responsible for providing support to Building Commissioning Agents throughout design, construction, and close out of projects. Candidate will be involved in administrative tasks, field inspections, and investigative research of building mechanical systems. The ideal candidate will be a quick self-starter and motivated individual with an interest in building systems, construction processes and MEP installation practices.
- Administrative tasks including:
- Organizing and maintaining project folders and resources
- Commissioning document generation for projects
- Field Work
- Assisting Cx Agents with site inspections and functional testing of equipment
- Photo documentation
- Assist with site report generation
- Research & Process Development
- Assist with process optimization
- Research and analysis related to building commissioning industry
- Education: Degree, or pursuing degree, in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or other relevant academic programs.
- General knowledge of building mechanical equipment and systems.
- HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, or any trade experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and able to work independently.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to travel to building sites throughout the NYC metro area.
- Able to be on sites as early as 7am if required.
- Comfortable being on construction sites.
- Skill at taking photos and detailed notes.
- Interest in learning about buildings, construction, and how it relates to energy and environmental issues.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred.
- Competitive Salaries: $75 - 105k + bonus
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance Options
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with Partial Company Match
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- $1500 Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Monthly Yoga in the Office
- Annual Company Retreat
- Catered Breakfast on Tuesdays
- Catered Lunch on Thursdays
- Daily Snacks, Coffee, & Tea
- Bi-monthly Social Events—with Beer!
COVID Vaccination Policy
Require employees to demonstrate proof of vaccination to work in our offices and/or perform on-site visits. In accordance with state and federal laws, they will allow for medical and religious exemptions from the vaccine requirement.
Job sites have inherent hazards, based on the activities performed at the site. Protective equipment (such as: work-boots, safety glasses, hardhats, hearing protection, masks, etc.) may be required to be worn at times while on a job site, due to construction and safety hazards that may be present.
The noise level may warrant hearing protection. Visits to Job Sites may result in exposures to various hazards (such as: to extreme heat (100+F in boiler rooms), carbon monoxide, asbestos, lead paint, moldy dusty attics/crawlspaces, fiberglass insulation, hot pipes and/or hot metal, or high noise levels, etc.). Employees must be capable of using protective equipment and following specific safety procedures, as needed.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision and hearing abilities may be required by this job, which include close vision and ability to adjust focus based on the task and surrounding activity. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The ability for the use of tools (such as powered hand tools and other types of tools, including but not limited to combustion appliances, machinery and motors that have moving parts, belts, pulleys, elevators, motors, pumps and/or fans) may be required. Equipment for working at height (such as ladders, mechanical lifts, etc.) may be required to be used.