Our Client is an intelligent calendar system that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. They want to help people escape the chaos of work and find their focus. As the world's first company powering time, their product creates, detects, protects and negotiates Focus Time to help individuals and teams anywhere in the world be more productive at work.
They are looking to hire their first Data Engineer to join our growing engineering team. They value engineers who build for the end user, find fun in difficult problems, sweat the details, and love pushing code. they're a humble, fast-moving, and fun team building a consumer-centric culture with empathy, authenticity, focus, drive, curiosity, and enthusiasm.
They're proud to have the backing of Accel, Greylock Partners and Bain Capital. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
What you'll do
- Have a huge impact as our first data engineer
- Architect and own data pipelines that deliver product analytics and insights across the company
- Create scalable and optimized self-service data infrastructure
- Model data to aggregate raw fact/dimensional data into elegant and consistent data frames that can power self-service of analytics
- Partner with company leadership to drive product and business insights
- Collaborate heavily across data science and engineering
- Expertise modeling data (relational and non-relational) as well as processing information at scale
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and functions, delivering rock-solid analytics for many consumers
- Strong curiosity which drives discovery of new tools, frameworks and iteration of approach
- A deep desire to learn and hone the craft of engineering
- Passionate about productivity tools and workflows
Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Airflow, Rust, Node, GraphQL and more
Currently working remotely in accordance with San Francisco’s “Stay Home” ordinance.
Our Client is accelerating the comfort & normalcy of remote work for our users as well as our employees. We’ve designed a remote work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and velocity by modifying our weekly rituals and adopting new technologies.
Their HQ is in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco; 3 minutes from CalTrain & 10 minutes from BART.
What we offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter & wellness stipend
- Daily team lunches, kitchen stocked with snacks
- Company happy hours, social events, and outings
Company Motivations & Culture:
Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world