FOUNDING DATA ENGINEER - FIN-TECH
Intelletec has partnered with an SF based client; they are reinventing the way people spend money and discover their favorite new services and brands. They are building a new type of spending tool (consumer debit card) that offers access to personalized rewards and benefits while promoting transparency.
They are backed by Y-Combinator, Valar Ventures (Peter Thiel) among other notable investors; have recently closed a Series A round and are looking to hire a Founding Data Engineer to pioneer the data team and be responsible for building out the data pipelines and systems necessary to develop best in class algorithms, models, etc. This position will report directly to the CTO.
The company :
- Mobile banking app that strives to democratize access to elite financial products like rewards cards, exclusive offers & perks, and high yield deposit accounts
- Series A, $11M in funding
- The CEO sold one of his startups when he was 21
- Backed by Airbnb, Stripe, and Notion
- WFH 2 days a week
- Design and build scalable and robust data management systems
- Ensure that all systems meet industry best practices and business requirements
- Create custom services and tooling when applicable
- Implement disaster recovery procedures
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists on projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics Statistics or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience working at a notable startup or technology company.
- Strong algorithmic and data modeling knowledge
- Experience working with a Hadoop or similar ecosystem
- Expert in SQL and a scripting language like Python
- The opportunity to join a well-funded and fast-growing fintech company; have ownership over the data pipelines and infrastructure in addition to setting the foundation for data engineering at the company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401k.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.
- Seniority Level
- Mid-Senior level