Intellect has partnered with a Sports Betting Startup that is seeking a Founding Front End Engineer to join their team in New York! The client is a commission-free sport betting exchange that guarantees bettors the best odds and eliminates the need for traditional sportsbooks. They are positioned to become a leading innovator in sports betting!
We are seeking a Founding Engineer that has an expressed interest in sports, markets, and computer architecture. In this role, you will work on problems across the stack, from low-level hardware optimizations to high-level design of concurrent algorithms. You are someone who is passionate about the complexities of computer science and can contribute toward helping build a robust, scalable sports trading marketplace.
About The Company:
- Funding: $6M Seed Round from YC, Lux, Soma, Paul Graham, Joe Montana, Innospark, the founders of Instacart, Dropbox, and many other top angels and funds!
- Founders: Recent Harvard grads with quant experience at Jane Street and BoA and years of experience as sharp sports bettors
- $300B annually bet on sports in the US and the size of the market is rapidly growing given the number of states legalizing sports betting
- Currently the only way to bet is with retail sportsbooks which have egregious margins, discriminatory and inefficient practices, and a stale betting experience
- The client guarantees users the best lines by allowing them to bet directly against friends or the market, rather than against the house, making the betting experience more efficient, fair, and, most importantly, profitable
About the role:
- Building the client-side of our web and mobile applications
- Develop a strategy for and implement user-customizable UIs using React and React Native
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve compatibility issues
- Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Take ownership of critical UIs that are crucial to improving the user experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with TypeScript, React, React Native, Node, and GraphQL is desired
Benefits for you:
- Compensation range: $120k - $150k + equity
- Robust health, dental, and vision plans, covering 100% of health premiums and 90% of dental and vision premiums
- Generous 401(k) plan, matching up to 4% of base salary
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with $1,080 annual company contributions
- $40/day food or commuter stipend when working in our new SoHo office