Los Angeles County
Our early-stage client is hiring a mobile front-end lead engineer for a new company. They are looking for someone with both the right experience and alignment with our mission and vision.
While they are based in Los Angeles, they are very open to working with remote teams, so there is flexibility on location.
-Our client sees a world today with an increasing need for mental health and mental wellness solutions.
-While the notion of mental health is becoming less and less taboo and as a society we are building more empathy towards it, there are few solutions out there today to really combat it.
-More specifically, the loneliness epidemic is what we are laser-focused on. A recent Vox study found that 30% of millennials identify as lonely. The former US Surgeon General, Vivek Murthy, has called loneliness a public health crisis. In a world where so much of our time has shifted to
consumption and so much of our communication has shifted to short, asynchronous messaging, this challenge is growing year over year.
Our client is designing a new consumer experience around connection, conversation, and interaction.
- Our co-founders come from product, strategy, and operations in executive positions from companies such as Snapchat, Fullscreen, TikTok, RoosterTeeth, & Current TV.
- They have raised a $4M round of seed funding led by GGV, a global fund with offices in the US, China, India, Brazil, & Singapore. As well as a group of angel investors strategically positioned to help us take on such a big public health challenge.
Role Description / Requirements
- The product will be mobile-first, likely built using React Native with some custom tailoring then for each of the two major operating systems. This is a very design-centric product in terms of UI/UX, so we need a mobile front-end engineer who is both very experienced and creative in her/his approach. This person should not only be well versed in the latest state of mobile front end development but be someone who can push the boundaries even further on what’s possible.
- For the initial team, we will be pairing this person with our senior back-end lead as well as a couple of full-stack engineers as well. So we need this individual to be fairly self-sufficient and to role up her/his sleeves in being both an individual contributor and a strategic leader in the early phase.
-This person should also be comfortable working at a very early stage. This means working with lots of unknowns and playing a critical role in shaping the product strategy. We do not see this as an execution-only role.
- This is someone who is part of our senior leadership team having a strong voice at the table. We are a very collaborative, transparent, and open team and we need
someone who fits that culture.