The Opioid Epidemic is a public health crisis with a highly effective but underutilized clinical intervention - millions of Americans are physically dependent on Opioids but only 10% of those likely to have OUD actually access treatment. My client addresses this gap by maximizing accessibility, affordability, and overall quality of care by enabling highly qualified clinicians to reach patients broadly and efficiently through their online platform.
My client company is a rapidly growing digital health company that offers virtual treatment for Opioid Use Disorder. Their robust evidence-based clinical program offers medication management, peer support, behavioral health treatment, case management and care coordination to help patients achieve health, stability, and agency. They have raised $30+ million in funding, grown to 150+ team members and are serving 7,000+ patients across 22 states. They are working with most major national payors including Medicare, United Healthcare, Aetna and Cigna.
To disrupt the status quo for opioid use disorder treatment at scale, they are building novel tools that identify the highest risk patients and customize their treatment plan. They are powering these tools with what they aim to be the largest structured clinical dataset for patients with Opioid Use Disorder. You will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the provider and operations web app and backend to deliver the highest quality of care possible for their patients. The backend integrates with and extends an existing EHR to streamline patient care. The features you build will minimize patient relapse and help people break free from the cycle of opioid dependency.
Their tech stack: Typescript, React, GraphQL (Apollo), Node.js, Next.js, Tailwind, Google Cloud, App Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Firestore, Big Query
You can expect to:
- Use your knowledge of Typescript, React, GraphQL, and Node.js to architect, implement, test, and maintain critical product features such as patient risk stratification and monitoring, machine augmented patient documentation, automated outreach, patient self-scheduling, and the pharmacy finder.
- Collaborate with product managers, physicians, nurse practitioners, and other staff members to revolutionize patient care.
- Work across the stack, doing anything it takes to solve problems, and see projects through to completion.
- Uphold their high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Be 100% remote. Work from anywhere; their office is wherever you are.
Qualities they're looking for:
- A passion for improving the healthcare experience and helping those suffering from opioid use disorder.
- Pride and accountability for work completed, holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- Creativity and hustle when solving problems.
- An understanding of the business impact of projects you build and the ability to prioritize projects by balancing between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Placing a high value on collaboration, knowing that they can be better as a team than as individuals.
- Think critically about the implications of what you're building and how it shapes real people's lives.
Skills / experience they're looking for:
- 4 or more years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining highly scalable web applications and backend services
- 1 or more years of experience in Typescript, React, and Node.js
- Proficiency in API design and writing data persistence layers
- Experience with CI/CD and writing highly maintainable code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field
What would set you apart:
- Experience building and scaling up multiple web applications from the ground up.
- Experience with GraphQL, GCP including Cloud Firestore, React Native, Terraform, and HIPAA compliance
- Unique opportunity to innovate in building a new care model to deliver high-quality treatment for patients with opioid use disorder.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including unlimited paid time off, paid holidays, 401k.
- Equity incentive plan.
- 100% remote work environment with flexible hours. They will stay 100% remote after the pandemic.
- Ability to craft the team culture and create impact.
- Talented and engaging coworkers who are passionate about healthcare.
Location: Fully remote. Must work in US time zone work hours.
My client is a telemedicine group that specializes in the evidence-based treatment of indviduals with Opioid Use Disorder using buprenorphine. They've grown to a clinical staff of over 45 medical providers caring for patients across 22 states, and they employ a large ancillary staff for support with technologic and administrative needs, clinical and behavioral support, and care coordination. Their innovative model has achieved clinical outcomes that exceed expectations for standard-of-care in-person treatment nationally. Their mission is to increase access to high quality, affordable, convenient and confidential Opioid Use Disorder treatment for all.