Our client is a technology company that provides accurate, standardized data to many of the world’s leading hedge funds. Their platform enables many institutional investors to access data from over 1700 funds.
They have been established for 5 years and have circa 15 staff. They are servicing a growing number of clients and the vacancy is due to the firm’s growth.
Our client is keen to expand their Investment and Data Analytics team. You will join a team of 3 data professionals in a role that will involve a variety of tasks focused on expanding and maintaining an online platform specializing in Hedge fund data. You will work in a dynamic environment in a role that encompasses:
- Processing and analyzing Hedge fund and Investment related data. With a range of Hedge funds reporting through the platform, you will develop an understanding of different strategies/asset classes and how to capture their risk.
- Maintenance of the online database, contributing to both developing new processes and updating hedge fund positioning.
- Work on the standardisation of data utilised through the platform.
- You can expect to contribute towards the automation of various systems and to process hedge fund data.
- Outstanding Excel Skills
- Interest in the Investment Sector, finance industry would be a good plus
- It would be advantageous if candidates have VBA, Python, R and/or Ruby on Rails experience.
- A 2.1 or First class degree in a Finance, Statistics or Mathematics related discipline is preferrable.
The Role is paying between £25k and £35k