Group Product Manager - Distribution Center
My client is on a mission is to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Their first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With their Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $8.4 billion in produce orders across the US and they've helped partners prevent 6.9 million pounds of food from going to waste.
About the role
As the product leader for our new Distribution Center product line, you'll be responsible for building an entirely new solution that will transform the grocery industry and dramatically reduce food waste. Fresh supply chains in grocery are currently running on excel macros and human instinct - you'll build the first machine learning powered solution that changes all of that.
- Develop the multi-year vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Distribution Center product line. Drive product design and prioritization decisions across directly managed teams.
- Develop strategy for how to expand; then hire and manage the product managers needed to grow this product line.
- Research, prototype, validate, and scale a world class solution that users love, in partnership with design, research, engineering, and sales teams.
- Evangelize your vision and excite others with where you want to take your product.
- Deeply understand the market, industry, and our customers in order to build products that deliver massive value to our customers and the broader fresh food ecosystem.
Skills and experience
The following represent the skills and experience our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 7+ years experience in a product role leading customer-facing products with significant strategic scope.
- Experience managing or mentoring other product managers.
- Obsession with product quality and an eye for design, specifically an intuition for good user flows and user experiences
- Technical fluency that enables you to creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights, and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, logical reasoning, and storytelling, with proven ability to collaboratively work across a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions.
- Experience with SaaS companies preferred