Our client is an ambitious, well-funded Robotics startup, based in the East Bay area of San Francisco. They are building robots for fully-automated restaurants and food production.
Having just helped build out their embedded software engineering team, we have been tasked with finding a hungry and enthusiastic Hardware Engineer to join the ranks of a small but intelligent, passionate Ph. D technologists.
“The Hardware Engineer will design and prototype solutions for various electromechanical automation needs for the BBox automated café concept."
What You'll Do:
- Help develop various mechanical components and electronic control systems for the BBox beverage and hot food cells
- Master of the interface layer between the software stack and the moving parts
- You're a HW all-rounder, who likes to get their hands dirty across Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineering.
What You'll Bring:
- *AT LEAST* 3 years' FULL-TIME experience - not including internships
- BS an/or Ms and/or Ph. D in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Robotics Engineering
- Strong intuition + a grasp of core mechanics and fundamental physical concepts
- You can single-handedly take a project from problem statement to working prototype
- Has successfully executed at least one Automation/Robotics project from concept to production
- Can execute a root cause analysis and debug electrical and mechanical systems Mechanical
- Familiar with various basic types of actuators and motors, and how to select for a given application
- Strong proficiency in a 3D mechanical CAD package (ideally SolidWorks)
- Well-versed in fundamental electronic principles, digital logic, basic power electronics, communications, and analog circuits
- Competent at PCB layout and has taken designs from initial prototype to factory-assembled boards
- Proficient in C and has some experience developing firmware for microcontroller-based embedded devices
- Have some experience designing control systems in an industrial automation context - Nice to have
- Comfortable with hands-on prototyping and proficient at using basic machine shop tools (milling machine, lathe, saws, grinders, hand tools…) safely and effectively
- Have hands-on experience with rapid prototyping processes such as 3D printing
- Experience building an industrial control panel - Nice to have
- Great starting salary + awesome benefits + equity
- Create your own path - have autonomy and be able to create something special
- Access to the full robotics lab for personal projects
- Work with a seriously passionate, skilled bunch of robotics addicts, and start your career in a fun, adaptable, agile environment
H-1b transfer is available - NO SPONSORSHIP