Head of Communications, SF Bay Area
My Crytpo/Fintech client is building the world’s smartest institutional brokerage for digital assets. They are one of the fastest growing startups in FinTech. Their platform is a digital asset brokerage delivering best-in-class pricing and execution capabilities for institutional traders and investors. They are headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in Chicago, Bangalore, and Malta.
The team is comprised of former founders and professionals coming from leading institutions including Google, LinkedIn, Jump Trading, Citadel, Goldman Sachs, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more. They are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel, Altimeter Capital, B Capital, American Express, Coinbase, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mirae Asset Global Investments, Sapphire Ventures, and Tiger Global Management.
You are bringing your public relationship and incredible story telling skills and relationships at the intersection of finance, blockchain, and technology to manage, grow & defend our brand. You’ll create win-win propositions and be a trusted team player for product, engineering, marketing and other cross functional teams.
If you have served as an early/founding team member or have your MBA even better.
- You’ll work with the leadership to identify opportunities, market landscape, and build public relations & media outreach strategy
- You’ll handle all incoming requests from media, agencies, event organizers globally and strategically prioritize & build communication framework to drive outcomes that advances company objectives
- You’ll maintain and strengthen relationships with our existing media partners to ensure continuity, proactively identify opportunities, manage and scale our presence as needed
- You’ll build, lead, manage & motivate a team of PR Managers & Specialists, Agencies, and other key players
- You’ll have the ability to effortlessly multitask and handle a variety of different scenarios by finding the best way to communicate a message
- You’ll effortlessly collaborate with Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Institutional Sales, and coverage teams to proactively define and execute on GTM strategies
- You’ll lead both brand offense and brand defense and will be proactive about planning an overarching strategy that informs all things media and public relations
Who you are:
- You love telling stories about unique companies and helping them find a voice
- You are not afraid to jump into ambiguous situations and can find the messages that resonate
- You have a strong understanding of blockchain, technology and finance; an understanding of the cryptocurrency market structure and participants
- You embrace ambiguous situations and provide clarity to stakeholders
- You are outcomes-oriented
- You have demonstrated diligent prioritization and focus, alongside empathetic cross-functional collaboration
- You are team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up the sleeves and get into the weeds
- You have a deep understanding of risk, KYC/ AML, Legal, Compliance issues and have worked with the Compliance/ Legal/ Risk officers.
- 10-12+ years experience in media, PR, marketing or communications
- Have led teams and navigated complex issues, new industries etc.
- Worked with media and press partnerships in fast moving industries
- Led or participated in research, message development, social media, content strategy
- Have prepared and managed the PR/ communication budget and resourcing across the PR organization