Well funded Series C Unicorn is looking for a Head of Data Engineering to grow a team of data engineers, architects and own their data infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and Manage Data Engineers in Identifing, designing, and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for scalability, implementation of monitoring systems, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Singer Taps & Targets, AWS RedShift
- Design the data infrastructure roadmap and set up a project structure to implement it
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product and business processes into an innovative industry leader
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Solid past experience in a Data Engineering role
- Experience using the following software/tools: Airflow, AWS cloud services: RDS, Redshift, Python
Solid work life balance and competitive compensation