San Jose (United States
Circa $150,000- $250,000
A well established 10-year-old technology company who are pioneering the way we find a property is seeking its first Data Scientist to Head up a new team. You will hold a key position within this already 200 strong organization.
- Building predictive models with artificial neural networks and advanced machine learning techniques; interpret and present modeling and analytical results to non-technical audience
- Compilng complex predictive model packages for production deployment; support model installations, and monitor and calibrate production models
- Conceptualize, analyze and develop actionable recommendations for strategic challenges facing the organization
- Work with key stakeholders and understand their needs to develop new or improve existing solutions around data and analytics.
- Remaining current on new developments in data analytics, Big Data, predictive analytics, and technology.
- Work closely with customers, business partners, and application development teams to improve revenue generation by statistical analytics and data mining.
- Develop warehousing data across multiple platforms and computing environments for better data mining infrastructure
- Define financial and analytic metrics to measure development and production outcomes and produce performance reports
Interviews are happening within the next two weeks
- At least five years’ experience in modeling and predictive analytics, using tools like SAS, SPSS or R, and building statistical models
- Experience managing end-to-end machine learning pipeline from data exploration, feature engineering, model building, performance evaluation, and online testing with TB+ size data sets
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, phenomenology, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., clustering, regression, pattern recognition, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Excellent communication skills, communicating with diverse teams including data scientists, engineers, product managers, and executive management. Able to explain technical terms to colleagues who have no analytical background
- Providing a unique blend of skills that unlock the insights of data and tell a fantastic story through the data, with a passion for problem-solving, comfort with ambiguity, and creativity
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Specific experience in building online personalization and recommendation engines is a plus
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, machine learning, or related field) from a leading academic institution