One of the clients we’re recruiting for have recently raised Series A funding ($8-20M) and are looking to build a team out in Los Angeles. Here are some more details:
My fintech startup client is an investment from the CEO's of several $1B+ companies, as well as several global banking institutions. My client is offering loans to startup shareholders, using their pre-IPO equity as collateral, which gives liquidity to founders, employees, and investors without selling their shares or losing their future upside.
$2 Trillion is held by shareholders of private U.S. tech companies. That value is typically inaccessible until the company goes public or gets acquired. They offer shareholders the optimal solution. They give liquidity to founders, employees, and investors without selling their shares or losing their future upside. They are actively seeking a Head of Engineering to lead their growing team.
- Must be able and willing to commute to the Los Angeles office (hybrid work style preferred, 1-2 days per week on-site)
- Monthly office visits in Los Angeles, if remote
- 4+ years experience: hands-on, full-stack engineering leadership
- 4+ years experience: product engineering, building for external customers (B2C or B2B)
- Fintech, lending, banking, or capital markets experience preferred
- Experience with Product ownership, Architecture design, and Close to the code
- Collaborate with executive and product teams to scope products, features, timelines, and staffing
- Balance the drive for new features with stability and uptime. Balance short and long term success. Be a strong voice in the planning room to find balance
- Prioritize features and design sprints, based on available resources. Delegate projects appropriately to deliver against tight timelines while ensuring app stability and enabling team member growth
- Set and uphold expectations for engineers. Define processes and procedures. Mold culture, philosophy, and norms
- Exude enthusiasm and passion for solving our user problems and motivate members of the team
- Demonstrate hands-on tech leadership. You may not be submitting PRs daily, but you will be reviewing, commenting, and tie-breaking discussions
- Manage and lead the process for sourcing, attracting, and evaluating new talent
Competitive base salary up to $250k + equity (depending on experience).
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly in or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.