My client is a growing HealthTech startup, based in SF, that powers data-driven insights for physicians to help them provide more effective and efficient care.
I am looking for a Head of Engineering to grow, lead, and scale the engineering team and processes while maintaining and further improving the infrastructure necessary to scale. They are a small team of physicians, data scientists, economists, and health technologists committed to high-value care.
What You'll Do:
As Head of Engineering, you will be the leading voice on engineering-related decision making, and the executive team will look to you as our technical rudder. You will serve as a “player-coach,” setting an example through thoughtful and detail-oriented personal contributions to our code, while magnifying the impact of others on your team.
You will be responsible for staffing, resourcing, and mentoring a best-in-class engineering department. You are capable of getting into the details when necessary to help diagnose issues and remove blockers while maintaining big-picture focus and guiding technical strategy.
What You'll Bring:
- Leadership - Demonstrated leadership of both products and teams, including strategy and mentorship
- Ownership - Proven track record of reliably delivering high-quality results without supervision, both individually and as a team
- Full-stack web - experience building data-driven single-page-applications (React preferred) and the back-end APIs that power them
- Data management - experience moving large quantities of data through a multi-stage pipeline
- Dev Ops - Familiarity with basic software infrastructure, including AWS and container management (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security - Understand the principles of securing and managing sensitive data; background with HIPAA or other protected data a plus
- Communication - Able to effectively communicate technology strategy to the executive team and across roles within the company
- Strong salary - Up to $220k base
- BIG equity offering
- Fantastic benefits