My client is a proprietary, cross-platform texting and calling app for smartphones that lets its users text and talk free with the other users. Their market-leading communications products have been downloaded by millions of iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android users around the world.
They are loaded with inventive people who enjoy creating consumer products and services that make a difference in people's lives. My client has a proven management team and is funded by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and DAG Ventures. They are located in downtown San Jose, CA.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing to lead our marketing activities. The ideal candidate is equally adept at hands-on execution of acquisition, communication, and promotional activities, as well as managing a team. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role. You will play a critical part in defining the marketing vision, being a steward to our evolving brand goals and driving growth for the company. The right candidate will have the capacity to develop a nuanced understanding of our customer’s needs and craft highly targeted marketing strategies. Our company is analytics driven—so a penchant for data-driven decision making is a must.
- Own the full-funnel marketing strategy for their products from go-to-market, through acquisition, engagement and retention
- Day-to-day management of the marketing team and any necessary contractors
- Lead and mentor a growing team of marketers across a broad set of functions including research, copywriting, operations, lifecycle management, design, and more
- Acquiring new customers through performance advertising, digital and offline marketing, cross-promotion, social, and additional test channels
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, ensuring that brands come to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target consumer
- Increase usage, engagement, and retention through marketing activities
- Create and own go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new products & features including setting objectives, goals, audience definition, marketing and communication strategy, and measurement for mobile and web products.
- Represent the voice of the consumer with cross-functional stakeholders including product, design, user experience, engineering, and executive leadership
- Promoting the company as an innovator to the press and public
- Outbound customer-facing communications (web, blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Participate in conducting and applying consumer research & insights
- 8+years of experience and at least 3 years managing a high-performing team
- Strong people, project and program management skills
- Experience managing an analytical marketing area (e.g., online, SEO)
- A passion forbuilding and managing a growing consumer brand
- Ability to create effective messaging strategies and tell compelling stories about our products and business to any audience –customers, internal team, or industry at large
- Ability to thriveworking in a fast-paced, hands-on startup environment
- Proven leadershipmanaging high-performing teams
- Highly data-driven with a love for digging in and optimizing the numbers
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred)
- Mobile experience a must
- Experience marketing to small businesses a plus
- $200k + Equity package