Our client is an early-stage startup with an ambitious vision: reinvent human-computer interaction through connecting people more naturally with services and products. They have an incredible team, with investment led by Laurene Powell Jobs and Goodwater Capital. They’re co-creating magic and preparing to launch our private beta — come join the fun!
In this role, you’ll be sitting at the intersection of UX, NLP and engineering, designing improvements to our natural language engine, the core technology behind the intelligence of our product. You’ll get to lead and mentor the NLP team, solving difficult problems like semantic understanding, entity recognition, dialogue state tracking, knowledge base induction, personalization and active learning. On this path to product launch, you’ll have a hand in shaping a highly personal and intent-driven user experience
- 5+ years of experience in prototyping, evaluating, and deploying production AI systems (preferably NLP)
- 5+ years of experience with a general-purpose programming language (Python/Golang/C/C++/Java etc.)
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and growing high-performing machine learning teams
- Familiarity with tools for prototyping and deploying deep learning models (Tensorflow, PyTorch, TFX, etc.)
- Fluency in state-of-the-art deep learning and NLP methods (RNNs, transformers, pre-training, fine-tuning, transfer learning, entity recognition & typing, attention, ontologies etc.)
- Experience in cloud/HPC computing with AWS (EC2, S3, SageMaker), GCP, or Azure for training and inference
Nice to have:
- MS/PhD in CS with a focus in NLP, or related publications
- Expertise in developing voice assistants, dialogue systems or similar conversational AI products
- Previous experience in a startup environment and an appetite for building consumer products
- Experience communicating with non-NLP stakeholders (e.g. backend engineers, designers, or product managers)
- Intuition for navigating tradeoffs between rule-based and model-based NLP methods to maximize impact
- Competitive salaries & equity package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits package.
- Flexible Schedule with paid holidays+vacation days.
- Catered lunch every Monday and a fully stocked kitchen.