Our San Francisco Client who are backed by Founders Fund, Ripple, and some of Silicon Valley's top angel investors in the Bay Area are seeking a Head of QA to help lead their QA team.
You believe that software quality is best approached using a blended model of human eyes, an armada of automated tests, and relentless pressure on developers to deliver the highest quality code possible. You are an experienced leader comfortable with working in a startup environment; while you are technical, you can also be a strong advocate for best practices throughout the organization.
About the Role
The engineering team is small enough that you'll know all your co-workers by name, but established enough that you won't lack for resources. They currently run a set of automated integration tests, an overnight team of outsourced blackbox resources, and internal dogfooding. You will be the owner of these tools, resources and test plans and the champion of the additional quality resources we need to fill the holes in our strategy. You will define what access to product, developers, business operations and data analytics resources you need to meet your high standards.
Priority will be given to candidates with leadership experience.
- Demonstrable experience owning quality on a branded, production consumer application, with enterprise or line-of-business quality practices a big plus. You will be asked to explain your role as part of the team or organization that shipped the product.
- Able to work in our office in downtown San Francisco full-time, 5 days a week.
- Participation in an on-call rotation. We are serverless so this happens a lot less than you'd expect.
- Visa transfers and/or relocation are available for exceptional candidates.
- Live lighter: work more efficiently and eliminate waste.
- Work as a team: no ego; listen, invest in one another, win together.
- Trustability: Act with integrity and empathy. Have faith in one another.
- Be curious: Always ask why, always seek to improve.
- Make different: Take crazy risks. Push the envelope. Bring ideas to life.
- Make it fun: Love what you do and approach work with passion and creativity.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your +1.
- Access to a 401(k) plan.
- Commuter benefits, and a gym/physical fitness stipend.