Information Security Engineer | Cloud Solution Start-up | Bay Area
We have an incredible opportunity with an award winning client based in the Bay Area. They have been honored by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Cloud product providers and they are now hiring for an Information Security Engineer. They offer th
- Ensure world-class security of our production environment
- The focus will be in the area of Security Operations and Software Development Security
- Train and guide Developers, QA, DevOps and code reviewers on secure coding practices through all steps of the SDLC
- Proactively identify and remediate security gaps
- Drive incident response process and work closely with DevOps, Dev, QA and Techops.
- Improve and expand security monitoring and analytics
- Build security automation tooling
- Address customers security questions and concerns
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as this job involves interacting with multiple teams and customers.
- Minimum 2 years of security experience, more experience is welcomed.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent work or educational experience required
- Expert knowledge of security operations - OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and corresponding best practices for mitigation; Hardening systems (Linux, Windows), Performing Security Design/Code Reviews, white box & black box penetration testing and building security tool chains as needed.
- Proven experience with application security - Perform threat modeling on SaaS Applications and Secure the SaaS setup end-to-end (Design-to-Delivery)
- Experience with AWS cloud security
- Experience in working with SIEM (such as HP Arc Sight, MetricStream, LogRythm ) is a plus
- Security certifications desired: CISM/CGEIT with CISSP/GIAC (Certified intrusion Analyst, Penetration Tester)