Our client provides:
- infinite storage for your physical possessions in our secure warehouses,
- a new way to earn income by renting your belongings to other members of our community,
- on-demand access to all of the belongings other members have offered for rent,
- ... all picked up and hand-delivered to your door by one of our professional concierges
Backed by Highland Capital, Founders Fund, Ripple, and some of Silicon Valley's top angel investors (plus, Drake and Diplo), Omni is challenging the way the planet thinks about access, ownership, and the sustainability of consumerism - starting right here in San Francisco.
Our client are looking for top-notch infrastructure engineers to work on our modern software stack. Serverless to the core, infrastructure powers a fast-growing two-sided marketplace with complex order routing logistics. In other words, you're joining us to solve hard problems in a growing startup that is trusted with safely storing and sharing our users' personal belongings. You have prior startup experience, you prefer dynamically typed languages and strongly typed databases, and you're ready to take what you've learned elsewhere in your career and apply it in a role in which you're expected to take charge.
About the Role
- The engineering team is small enough that you'll know all your co-workers by name, but established enough that you won't lack for resources. You'll work in a team tasked with architecting and building both consumer and logistics-facing APIs, production and analytics-facing databases, billing systems for both fiat and cryptocurrencies, and much more.
- 2 plus years using Python/Go/Postgres/AWS shop, and you're expected to hit the ground running with these technologies while you come up to speed on our business specifics.
- Priority will be given to candidates with leadership experience.
- Demonstrable contributions to a consumer or enterprise application that is in production with paying customers (i.e., no solo side projects, educational coursework, or ad-supported business models). You will be asked to explain your role as part of the team or organization that shipped the product.
- Participation in an on-call rotation. We are serverless so this happens a lot less than you'd expect.
- Visa transfers and/or relocation are available for exceptional candidates.
- Live lighter: work more efficiently and eliminate waste.
- Work as a team: no ego; listen, invest in one another, win together.
- Trustability: Act with integrity and empathy. Have faith in one another.
- Be curious: Always ask why, always seek to improve.
- Make different: Take crazy risks. Push the envelope. Bring ideas to life.
- Make it fun: Love what you do and approach work with passion and creativity.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your +1.
- Access to our 401(k) plan.
- Commuter benefits, and a gym/physical fitness stipend.
- Occasional popsicles.