My client are a live video startup based in London and Los Angeles that is changing the way influencers use Social Media online.
They are backed & have Series A funding with a strong team across Product, Design and Dev coupled with an exceptionally experienced management team.
About the role
My client is looking to build a high-performant, large-scale global infrastructure & as such they are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who is comfortable deploying bare metal and cloud-based solutions to AWS in order to deliver the best experience to content creators.
You will be joining a very skilled and hard-working team to deploy highly available and resilient web-based systems. This is an exciting opportunity in a startup company that has already raised a significant amount of seed capital. This role requires hands-on role that will grow as the first hire in Los Angeles.
- Excellent understanding of and working experience with Windows Server (IIS, .NET deployments, Active Directory) and Linux kernel (any distro)
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, VLSM, routing protocols and other networking related components
- Solid low-level understanding of media streaming protocols (RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH)
- Experience with video encoding
- Experience using Zabbix for diagnostics and performance monitoring, especially of live broadcast streaming protocol (RMTP, HLS, MPEG-DASH)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Bash) is a must
- Experience with Cloud based Systems including AWS
- Experience with streaming software (e.g. OBS)
- Experience working with broadcast media companies (online or traditional) is a plus
- Deploying the platform apps and services across a distributed infrastructure
- Recognising the need to establish best practices, high performance and resilience
- Understanding the trade-offs between costs, scale and quality
- Ensuring standard operations thoroughly documented and automated where possible
- Utilising in-house tools to give real-time performance updates and diagnostics
- Establish disaster recovery, service outage, and risk mitigation processes
- You have an interest in social media and are excited by the opportunities the new wave of video live-streaming media brings for content creators and audiences.
- You have a passion for computers, web and smartphone apps
- You are efficient at self-managing your time and not being afraid of asking for help from teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where your work will be relied on by teammates and by a large global audience to ‘just work.'
To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org,salaries are paying from the $80,000-$150,000 mark