Hawthorne, CA, United States
- Design, build, integrate, and database cutting edge flight instrumentation systems that meets analyst’s data needs.
- Rapidly resolve novel instrumentation challenges
- Troubleshoot acceleration, pressure, acoustic, strain, position and thermal sensors
- Hands-on hardware integration
- Streamline/automate processes and systems to handle several vehicles in parallel
- Lead interdisciplinary teams
- Execute flight instrumentation systems from start-to-finish (system design, sensor selection/customization, installation, testing, data analysis, and report generation)
- Provide design and production guidelines, requirements, and procedures to design and manufacturing engineers
- Develop sensor and data databases
- Customize and qualify vendor components for SpaceX applications.
- Minimum BS in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience identifying and fixing sensor issues
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, communication and documentation skills
- A “can do” attitude and the ability/enthusiasm necessary to work in a unique, fast-paced environment
- Enjoy troubleshooting and detail oriented work
- Demonstrated leadership skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience conducting large scale and high channel count field or flight tests with accelerometers, pressure transducers, strain gauges, thermocouples, and RTDs.
- Flight test experience.
- Experience in automotive, aerospace, aircraft, or civil dynamics or instrumentation
- Experience with vehicle structural health monitoring
- Experience with Matlab, Excel, LabVIEW, databases, web APIs, Python, SQL, flask, regular expressions, and National Instruments hardware
- Strong enthusiasm for technology