Our client a fast growing Fintech Analytics company is scaling and seeking a data engineer who will be responsible for creating, maintaining and understanding data and the resulting delivery infrastructure.
As Senior Platform Engineer, you’ll be joining a small team of deeply experienced professionals dedicated to bringing the mission of “making data delightful” to life. You can make a significant and tangible contribution in a greenfield environment, working on all parts of the stack, and helping to set the architectural direction.
You’ll have the opportunity to solve many substantial challenges, from crafting scalable code to dealing with managing data at scale. We’re looking for a talented, collaborative engineer who is ready and willing to share their insight and knowledge to help guide the success of the company.
If you’re excited about elegant programming and the ever-expanding spheres of cloud computing and big data, this opportunity will challenge and inspire you.
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer in a production environment
- Proficiency in Java; Node.js experience is an advantage
- Well-versed in building or designing REST APIs
- Strong fundamentals in both static and dynamic languages
- Adept in the principles of software engineering, including systems engineering, testing, and software architecture
- Experience with distributed systems and service architecture
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and balance multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud Platform, AWS)
- Skilled in RDBMS and NOSQL
- Hands-on experience with workflow management systems (e.g. Airflow, NiFi)
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
Founded in 2017 by a seasoned team of data professionals, our client has grown to a team of 70 employees in San Francisco and New York. It is backed by leading industry players, including Citi, Goldman Sachs, and Two Sigma.