The online travel market never stands still. The opportunity is huge and the competition is fierce. My client are one of the largest travel sites worldwide & due to company growth they are seeking a highly motivated, and self-directed Senior Software Development Engineer to join their Data Engineering team,
You will provide technical thought leadership within the Data Engineering team, including driving the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging big data solutions & programs for enhancements and new products.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- You'll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
- You will get to work with massive data sets numbering literally billions of items and approaching a petabyte in total size and opportunities to learn and apply the latest big data technologies on a fast-growing Hadoop & Teradata platform.
- You’ll get to join an established company in a period of exploration and growth into cloud-based data solutions
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world's biggest travel company
- We host and speak at meet ups
- 3 years commerical Java server-side experience including Hadoop ecosystem development (Cascading, Hive, Oozie, Falcon)
- Strong knowledge & experience of relational enterprise data warehouse platforms such as Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strategic thinking: address the technological aspects of business needs by considering what a given technology can contribute to the overall functions of the system.
- Experience using enterprise / open-source ETL tools (Pentaho, Informatica etc.).
- Exposure to Spark with both batch / ETL and streaming workloads desirable.
- Experience using cloud-based data solutions (Amazon EMR, RedShift, DynamoDB etc.).
- Significant experience of working closely and collaborating with technically proficient stakeholders such as Data Scientists and Analysts.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.