My client, a company founded by Artificial Intelligence visionaries and Machine Learning experts in 2013 are looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join their fast-growing team in New York City.
This is a junior position and is open to those without any professional experience. In order to be considered you must have a completed PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or another quantitave field.
- Offices in New York (approx 30) , London, Singapore, and Israel
- Product so groundbreaking it has been referred to as "science fiction" on multiple occasions
- They have built a Research Engine that considers billions of possible hypotheses at scale. Their software scans massive amounts of data and sifts it through a range of clarifiers – equations, definitions sentiments, locations – to build the best predictive model with a measurable business goal in mind. As the data changes the model adapts using adaptive machine learning algorithms
- PhD in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Programming skills (Python, SQL, Scala, Java)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (this is a client facing role!)
- Experience with large datasets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with statistical tools or packages (R / RapidMiner / Scikit)
- Solve various problems and make a true impact across unlimited domains and industries (Financial Risk, Health, E-commerce, Marketing, Oil & Gas Exploration etc.)
- Translate complex data into meaningful insights
- Partner with their customers’ Data Science teams, helping them optimize their use of the platform