We have partnered with a company who run a mobile app which allows you to book local services through friends and locals (think Airbnb but for services powered by friends and locals)!
Their mission is to enable users to earn a working living by listing their skills and services and leveraging their friends networks to spread the word to maximise their earnings. The company raised significant capital from backers that include prominent media CEOs and global venture funds.
You will play a leading role in the mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces.
- Write peer reviewed, well tested, modular code using unit and functional test coverage
- Run continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers
- Collaborate with backend engineers on developing to define efficient and scalable data contracts
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Utilize tools in the software development process such as Git, Gerrit, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, and Android Studio
- Work on a code base that leverages continuous integration and beta distributions
- Work with and own the architecture for the Mobile platform
- Develop tooling for automating client releases and test infrastructure
- Lead the Android engineers to partner on similar architecture concepts.
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in any of the following language (Java and Kotlin)
- You have released app(s) on the PlayStore
- Good knowledge with web service architecture, protocols, security and data formats (Ex. REST, OAuth, JSON, etc.) and implementation patterns on Android platform.
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.