One of the world's leading media and entertainment companies working within the development, marketing and production of a wide variety of media to a global audience is seeking a Principal Data Engineer to join their Audience team in their world renowned NY office.
The Principal Data Engineer will be directly responsible for data design, management and development as part of building out new and vital platforms and products for the team. You will be a Data Engineer who can lead a team to both analyze and take charge of long term opportunities, architecting a cutting edge solution and helping with the core development when needed. You will be analytical and data driven in your role and understand how best to manage a team whilst applying knowledge from different domains to new technical subjects.
Principal Data Engineer requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-10+ years of software development experience
- 1-2 years of experience managing teams
- 2 years of experience with digital advertising technologies.
- Strong OO design, data structure, and algorithm design skills
- Fluency in at least 1 of the following programming languages (C, C++, Ruby, R, SAS, MapR, Python)
- 2-5 years of experience with both relational database design (SQL), non-relational (NoSQL), big data, real-time technologies
If you are interested in this Principal Data Engineer role please respond directly to this advert.