Lead Data Engineer
Intelletec has teamed up with one of the US's Leading Healthcare firms going through a massive transformation and are looking for a Lead Data Engineer, for their NYC or Massachusetts office.
- As a key member of the Data team, you’ll get in on the ground floor and help architect a brand-new platform powered by leading big data technologies.
- You’ll own your work and create far-reaching impact on an Analytics platform with real revenue from enterprise customers.
- You will have a broad impact and true ownership
- Data engineering team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives
- Designs and develops complex and large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Building real-time data pipelines using Redshift, S3, Kinesis, Spark structured streaming, Akka
- streams, and similar stacks on leading cloud platforms.
- Writes complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for realtime and offline analytic processing.
What You'll Bring:
8+ years of related industry experience.
MS / Ph. D in computer science or related field
Advanced knowledge in Hadoop or Spark architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment
Advanced knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar
Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands
Proficiency with technologies such as Scala, Python, Java, Redshift, Spark, and SQL
Knowledge or familiarity with: Redshift, Amazon AWS, Postgres, Mysql, and/or JSON
Mathematical aptitude ?and mindset
- Passion for taking huge amounts of data and making it into useful information
- Competitive base salary + bonus & outstanding benefits package
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- Very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits and more
- Opportunity for fast growth & promotion
- Opportunity to work in one of our other offices
NO REMOTE - NO CONTRACT - NO C2C - NO 3rd PARTIES