A company revolutionizing the online travel advertising space are looking for a Senior Data Science Engineer to lead their data science efforts.
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, they are travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
It is an exciting time to join the data science team: business is booming, and the team plays a key role in their mission by automating, analyzing, modeling, and optimizing the way they target potential travelers with the most relevant and timely travel ads.
The data science team collaborates with product to define projects, analyze data sets, and build solutions.
Example projects include:
- Delivering a better understanding of why a traveler books a hotel or flight, and utilizing those insights in production models which are used to improve ad relevance, timeliness, and performance for millions of ads per day
- Analyzing, visualizing, and improving our ML pipeline that pushes thousands of models into production each month
- Applying ideas from game theory to better understand the value of their audience targeting methods
- Optimizing automated campaign management which allocates budget for over 40 million display ad impressions daily for over a thousand customers and millions of ad spend per year
As a part of engineering, they also drive solutions to production including:
- Creating data processing jobs using Google's big data infrastructure such as BigQuery
- Deploying their codebase to production with docker/containers on Google Cloud's Kubernetes platform
- Building and improving internal data science tools like their Jupyter server to scale their impact
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the team to discover new insights in our unique traveler profile data, and utilizing those insights to improve conversion models
- Adding new features to our automated campaign management systems and our A/B testing platform
- Mentoring more junior data science engineers by reviewing their code, helping them debug, and supporting their growth
- Representing the team and its capabilities across the business
- Contributing to our production code base, driving additional efficiency and impacting Sojern's bottomline
- Python Proficiency -- It’s our lingua franca, and we’re big Jupyter fans
- MS of PhD in CS or STEM -- Ability to transform concepts into practical solutions
- Production Machine Learning Experience -- Successful implementation of ML solutions in production setting
- Communication Ability -- Experience/comfort in presenting abstract concepts
- Experience as a Data Scientist -- 4+ years of experience with data science/ML
- Ad Tech Experience -- 1+ years of experience with data science/ML techniques as applied to Ad Tech, specifically experience on FB, RTB, SEM, cross-channel attribution, cross-device graph technologies
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Give Back: 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
- Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
- Wealth: Stock options
- Time Off: Flexible vacation days