Our Series C client a small startup whose product lets you watch your favourite shows on all the devices you care about are scaling their team and seeking a Lead Data Scientist.
We’re a company that puts people first — both our customers and the people on our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work and have Their leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO.
As the Lead Data Scientist you will demonstrate experience in leading data-driven product development and comprehensive business analytics. In addition to designing and conducting product experiments, youwill leverage structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources, analyze product usage patterns, and make actionable recommendations using statistical modeling, business understanding and common sense.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to design, execute and analyze experiments to improve the product, user experience, and signup conversion rates.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on data pipeline to support advanced analysis of customer acquisition and retention efforts (influenced by product features and marketing activity).
- Collaborate with groups company-wide (e.g. business development, advertising operations, marketing, and support) on KPIs, including LTV measurement and optimizing CAC.
- Create and own predictive models for key business and customer performance metrics.
- Design, build, and maintain automated dashboards that connect data from internal and external data sources to support reporting, data discovery and statistical analysis that inform product priorities and marketing decisions
- Maintain standards for tracking and measurement
- Deliver quick insights on ad hoc projects and analyses as necessary
- Passionately analytical and innately curious creative thinker
- Solid technical database knowledge and experience optimizing SQL queries on large data sets
- Experience with A/B testing and analysis
- Experience with advanced statistical methods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, particularly the ability to explain and present analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with statistical tools (e.g. SAS, R, Python)
- 3-5+ years experience in business and data analytics after graduation
- BS or MS degree in Statistics, Math, Data Science, CS or related discipline
- Hands-on experience with BI and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, Domo)
- Programming skills, in particular, experience with statistical libraries in python
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning experience