New York City
Our client a leading health provider is seeking a Lead Data Scientist in New York
Your role will Manage and is responsible for the successful delivery of the algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools to meet business needs. Acts as the analytic team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
- Develops complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems. utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the organization and/or industry.
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques. Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
- Collaborates with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/business solutions.
- Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Solid understanding of the health care industry, products, and systems. Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modelling and advanced in-depth specialization in some areas.
- 7-10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
To find out more please get in touch