A recently funded, TravelTech startup is looking for a Lead Engineer to help automate and architect their travel platform.
The Company is based in the heart of New York, have recently raised over $3m and are already in a positive per unit position. This is a very stable and attractive startup, led by an incredible CEO that you will work very closely with to build and define the growth of this already exciting product.
This role starts as an individual contributor and the successful leader can expect to transition into a managerial role with hiring responsibility within 12 months.
Role and Responsibilities
- In this role, you'll work across the full product with a focus on architecting automation tools to develop the best customer experience
- Prioritize customer needs over technical feasibility
- Develop technical roadmaps for complex issues, and are able to weigh the pros and cons of different approaches based on personal experience.
- In this fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for iterating rapidly and breaking a large problem into manageable components.
- Deploy a continuous integration and rapid deployment environment to quickly ship solutions to problems.
- Writing maintainable and clean code. You will be making smart calls about when to prioritize speed over technical debt.
Skills and Experience
- Expert level experience with Ruby on Rails
- Ability to work independently and build a product from the early Stages
- Experience with AI or Machine Learning is a big benefit
- Experience building and delivering highly scalable, reliable, and complex software systems on time and on budget
- Experience growing and leading a team from an early stage
- A Love of Travel would make you perfect for this role
Salary, benefits and work/life balance
- Competitive Salary - Between $160-200k, plus very generous Equity
- Flexible work-from-home and work-while-traveling policies