A start-up based in New York are seeking postdoctoral candidates for a Lead Machine Learning Engineer position to lead their research initiative and upskill oher members of the team in this area.
They have built tech that takes RFID a giant leap forward; increased accuracy and better reads. Their RFID system tracks every item and person in store inr eal time down to the slightest movement. This allows for autonomous checkout and analytics on how customers interatct with the store down to item level.
Research backgrounds of particular interest include network analysis, time series forecasting, time-to-event modeling, functional data analysis, machine learning, and analysis of spatio-temporal data, though candidates from all areas of data science are encouraged to apply.
- 2+ years experience as a machine learning engineer / ML research scientist
- Experience in Python including libraries such as NumPy, TensorFlow, and SciKit
- Experience across a wide variety of deep learning techniques such as supervised learning, one-shot learning, reinforcement learning, synthetic gradients, and GANs
- Background in Computer Vision
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Understanding of RFID
- Sufficiently motivated or ambitious to work on your own initiative without needing direction
Our client can pay up to 250k salary and are offering equity between 0.5-1%