Our client started to lead consumers to use crypto where it matters: in everyday spending and saving. As a solution to so many of our everyday “money problems” (high fees, data insecurity, transfer limits and restrictions), crypto enables benefits banks can’t match. Crypto even makes it possible to rethink our current payment systems from the ground up—and have more control over our money than ever before.
We believe that while cryptocurrencies can represent a fundamental upgrade over traditional money—and can dramatically improve users' lives—they won't work without widespread distribution and a compelling path to adoption. We’ve spent two years building this pathway. The journey ends (or just begins) with the Currency, built for payments and designed for community ownership, with fair distribution of economic value.
Every day, we confront several difficult and impactful problems which demand new solutions in tech, in product, in marketing, in advocacy. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We hope you’ll join.
As Lead Security Engineer you will:
- Work closely with engineering, support and compliance leadership to establish security practices and meet compliance obligations across the organization.
- Establish a SOC2 compliance program.
- Create tools and reporting functions needed to comply with financial regulations.
- Create or establish training for other team members on security practices within customer service, compliance, finance, operations, and engineering.
- Coordinate closely with our product and engineering teams to achieve continuous improvement in security practices throughout product development.
- Identify information risks and create controls or processes to mitigate them within the organization, including during the software development lifecycle.
- Create and maintain a monitoring plan to detect vulnerabilities, information breaches, and other information security issues as they arise.
We’re looking for you if:
- You consider discipline, integrity and unparalleled work ethic to be three of your core values.
- You think in terms of tradeoffs, risks, and priorities. You take a pragmatic approach to security, understanding that it’s an evolving landscape. You can make tradeoffs between mitigating a risk, monitoring a risk, insuring a risk, and assuming a risk.
- You have an excellent understanding of security and privacy, and are a strong advocate for user privacy.
- You are collaborative by default with outstanding communication skills, especially written. You are able to advocate for security and privacy priorities to company leadership.
- You have demonstrated expertise in cloud computing, security web and mobile applications deployed to cloud environments, and monitoring for security incidents in cloud environments.
- Bonus points for experience in crypto, consumer finance products or mobile payments!