circa $180,000 + equity
Lead/Head of Backend Software || Mental Wellness Startup (Stealth Mode) || Remote
We have partnered with a brand new startup which have just secured $4m of seed funding for a new Mental Wellbeing app. This is a unique opportunity to have a huge impact on a potentially very important product which could help millions of people.
They are currently a team of 3 who are searching for a person to head up everything backend of the infrastructure. It is completely greenfield; Open to any technology stack!
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Partner with the CEO and COO to create an exciting and supportive team culture - Collaborate with cross-functional teammates from product, sales, marketing, and customer success to create a world-class product
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Drive architectural decisions and provide technical guidance
- Establish engineering best practices to maintain a scalable and clean code base
- Lead by example: contribute high-quality code and set code review standards
- Drive timely product releases
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership.
- Hands-on programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Node.JS, Python, Go
- Database engine experience with NoSQL Databases ie MongoDB
- Experience leveraging application runtime environments.
- Experience in cloud hosted environments; AWS, Heroku, Google Cloud
- Expertise in engineering best practices (Git, CI, TDD, QA, Automation Tests)
- Experience with software best practices in: Continuous integration/continuous deployment, microservices architecture and design patterns.
- Track record of recruiting and building world-class in-house and distributed software teams.