Intelletec have partnered up with a Start-up who create travel plans using recommendations from top chefs, sommeliers, and local experts.
After raising over 3M and already being revenue generative from little marketing they are looking to further add to the team with a Director of Engineering. 70% hands on - 30% management
You'll work across the full product with a particular focus on architecting automation tools to develop the best experience for our customers. This role starts as a Lead/Head of Engineering to transition into the role of CTO.
• Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails • Strong CS background (knowledge of and experience with AI, NLP, machine learning a plus)
• Experience selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
• Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O
• Proficiency with Hadoop, MapReduce
• Experience in professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building and delivering highly scalable, reliable, and complex software systems on-time and on-budget
• Experience managing, developing and hiring engineering talent