New York City
Our client is the largest wholesale market placed for cannabis dispensaries and brands in the US with over 4,000 dispensaries currently using the platform. Annually more than $1bn dollars in wholesale cannabis orders are processed through their platform. From being backed by some of the leading VCs to winning Best Places to Work awards, they are in a strong place to ultimately define cannabis supply chain through technology.
Having raised close to $50m so far, our client is undergoing an exciting growth phase and are searching for talented indivduals to join the NYC office. One of the positions we're seaching for is a Lead Software Engineer.
Our client is currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It’s a very exciting time to join their engineering team!
- Design, build, and iterate on our various products, helping shape the roadmap through iterative development cycles
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Set and drive the architectural design and development objectives for our emerging suite of tools based on a flexible product roadmap
- Review and develop architecture plans based on product-driven goals for both internal and external teams, ensuring our department’s core engineering values remain a priority
- Be seen as “the person” by team members - leading by example as a dedicated, flexible technologist who is always looking for the ideal, elegant solution to a problem while still making sure to partner effectively with other areas of the department and company
- Help make critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on their platform and products as well as leading and mentoring others to do the same
- 5+ years working with and leading technical teams during complex projects and challenges
- Expert-level experience and track record of architecting large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems
- Extensive experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Expert-level experience working with APIs / in an API-driven environment (REST, RPC, GraphQL)
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Expert-level experience working with one or more of the following: Python, Node, Go
- Extensive experience building applications and underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Extensive experience working with relational and non-relational data structures and stores
- Advanced experience working in an environment that sees test-driven development as a core value and a path towards ensuring stability
- Experience working within environments that rely heavily on automation, CI, and CD concepts to rapidly deliver, measure, and iterate on products and features
- Experience working within cloud-based environments like AWS and GCP - specifically related to networking, compute, database, cache, and storage services