A specialist mortgage loan and mortgage lender, who specialize in bridging loans, second charge mortgagees, commercial and development finance are looking for a Senior Lending Underwriter to lead the underwriting team and report directly to the senior management.
You will be responsible for managing a caseload to maximise loan completions and new business in one of the leading specialist lenders in the UK.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and delegate caseload responsibilities
- Underwriting and assessing loan documentation, including valuation reports and requesting additional information where required
- Carrying out checks on the applicants and properties and assessing their suitability for the loan applied for
- Proactive chasing of outstanding information from third parties and timely updates to introducers to enable service excellence
- Recommending and referring cases to Credit Committee where credit committee approval required.
- Liaising with introducers, valuers and solicitors
- Overseeing cases from inception through to completion
- Data Management
Skills and experience
- Experienced underwriter, both hands on and managing others
- Demonstrated experience in making credit decisions
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Proactive nature and nature inquisition
- Confidence to challenge others on credit decisions
Salary and Benefits
Up to £70k, with 10-25% annual bonus, healthcare benefits, other employment perks throughout the year (OTE £90k)