A fast-growing Series B company in San Francisco who are backed with $34m from Spark Capital, Kleiner Perkins, True Ventures and Lightspeed Partners, Their extensive data on students' interests and historical career outcomes gives them the unique ability to help students imagine, plan and jumpstart their future careers.
- You will enjoy working with an incredibly rich and fast-growing data set
- You will Build & Experiment: Apply the best methodology and tools available (Spark, Airflow, TensorFlow etc). Build proofs-of-concepts, and measure results against hypothesis.
- You will Collaborate & Ship Products: Make educated trade-offs, and work closely with product and engineering teams to quickly iterate and ship features.
- You are User-focused: Always focus on user impact. We are building the best platform to democratize career opportunities for students and young professionals.
- You have Leadership: Mentor junior members and help build a strong data team and culture.
- 2+ years of shipping machine learning code, with at least 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop/Spark) a plus.
- Experience building and tuning search engines and recommendation engines a big plus.
- Ability to independently initiate and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field. Advanced degrees preferred, but not required.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!.