Intelletec has teamed up with a fast-growing Bay Area Edtech company seeking a Senior Machine Learning/NLP Engineer to join their team.
You'll be one of the first machine learning engineers on the newly formed Machine Learning team. We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning engineer who can hit the ground running and work on a lot of fun (and challenging) projects that range from recommending relevant content to users to extracting question and answer pairs from documents. You’ll be a part of the engineering team and will ship products that are used by millions of users.
About the Role:
- As a senior engineer on the Machine Learning team, you’ll be expected to take the lead on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- You’ll ideate, prototype, develop and deploy machine learning models for various product features.
- You’ll help build scalable platforms for training and evaluating machine learning models.
- You’ll lead development on applications of Natural Language Processing for identifying question and answer pairs, disambiguating between topics and building personalized learning solutions.
- You’ll collaborate with the other machine learning engineers, analytics, and other product teams to understand business needs, find the right solution to a problem and ship products.
- You have at least 3+ years of relevant Machine Learning or Data Science work experience, preferably with a focus on Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval.
- You have experience working with distributed data processing systems like Spark/Hadoop.
- You have solid programming skills and are proficient in python, java, scala or an equivalent language.
- You’ve worked on (and deployed) multiple machine learning models in the past and can design and architect machine learning pipeline and scoring systems.
- You have an excellent understanding of a variety of machine learning algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised) with a special focus on text mining techniques.
- You are passionate about data science and machine learning and are constantly learning as the field evolves.
- You are extremely passionate about education.
- You have an advanced (Masters or above) degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering or Math.
What's on Offer
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
- Free weekly lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to $250,000k + Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision),401K & Equity.