My client is looking for a Manager of Customer Success to ensure customers achieve their desired outcomes when using their software. The CS team is responsible for the renewal and expansion of existing customer accounts and training and onboarding, periodic business reviews, the collection of product feedback, and reactive support. The Manager of Customer Success will report to the Director of Customer Success and is dedicated to a set of customers that comprise a book of business.
You will be responsible for working hand in hand with sales to ensure a smooth transition from the sales process to the customer journey. You will also partner with their Medical Device Team, who serve as subject matter experts. My client is looking for a candidate with a quota-carrying Customer Success/Account Manager background, preferably in the SaaS industry and experience in a leadership role. Someone who is highly motivated with a “team player” attitude will be successful in this role.
- Hire, train, motivate, and develop a team of Customer Success Managers.
- Accurately forecast churn, renewal, and expansion revenue by working closely with each CSM to document opportunities and drive deals forward.
- Assist CSMs on customer calls and coach them through the customer journey and playbook through real-practice, role plays, and the review of Gong recordings.
- Host regular 1:1s with direct reports. Perform quarterly performance assessments and annual reviews.
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Product, Marketing and Finance to ensure processes are maintained and changes are coordinated and well-informed.
- Help the Director of Customer Success identify areas of incremental revenue opportunity.
- Work alongside the Director of Customer Success to build quarterly budgets.
- Own and coordinate the new hire training curriculum.
- Partner closely and coordinate with our Medical Device Gurus, who serve as subject matter experts for our customers.
- Work with the Customer Success Operations group to build and refine processes for scale and an optimal customer experience.
- Ensure all relevant systems are leveraged and maintained and that processes are being followed by all CSMs.
- Identify areas of professional development and maintain a custom curriculum for the team’s continuous advancement.
- Assist the Director of Customer Success in building and communicating individual OKRs based on team and company objectives.
- At least 5 years experience as a Customer Success Manager or Account Manager within a SaaS business
- Proven track record of consistently attaining or exceeding a renewal and/or expansion quota
- A highly organized and tenacious record-keeper who logs and maintains customer notes in relevant systems
- Great team player who can work well within the team and collaborate cross-functionally, especially in a remote environment Excellent writer and speaker who can communicate efficiently and effectively with customers and colleagues over Zoom video conference, in email, and eventually, in person
- A thought leader that is motivated to learn about and stay informed of a complex and ever-changing industry
- Ability to wear multiple hats and gracefully juggle varying customer needs and responsibilities
- Tech-savvy and comfortable toggling between various SaaS tools Proficient user of Zoom, Google suite, Slack, Gainsight, and/or Salesforce a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Co-workers who care deeply about their mission to spur medical device innovation
- Flexible hours
- Work from home options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance (vision, medical, dental)
- 3 months paid maternity leave
- Disability insurance
- 401k (with company match)