As a senior technologist, the Mobile Architect is responsible for driving technology delivery. Our client is looking for a candidate that is comfortable engaging all aspects of a development cycle that includes data collection, algorithm development, performance assessment, and integration into different hardware platforms.
- Create application and system designs that satisfy business and non-functional requirements.
- Architect, design, build and operate scalable software systems and services for iOS or Android smartphones.
- Drive adherence to mobile optimized standards, APIs and governance.
- Hands-on code contribution and delivery - libraries, API's, documentation.
- Coordinate and work closely with other product and design teams to execute solutions.
- Design and champions solutions for the mobile channel. Understanding and taking advantage of modern mobile architectures, devices and vendor solutions.
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems.
- Provide insights into the AR/VR application requirements and technology trends, deliver the research proposals, define the technology landscape, roadmaps, specifications, etc.
- Architecting and developing mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s) leveraging latest modern technologies and ML systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Overall 10+ years of software development experience
- Proven track record of building and delivering mobile applications and services for iOS or Android devices
- Prior Knowledge of ML, VR/AR
- 3+ years of experience in Agile development methods
- Solid experience programming in Java, Objective-C, good current knowledge of Unix/Linux environments, web API, XCode IDE, Interface Builder, iPhone SDK and DB
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and mobile OS security fundamentals
- Solid secure coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews
- Knowledge of network protocols and internet/web services: HTML 5, JSON, XML
- Preferred experience dealing with cross-functional teams across several countries, as you’ll work across the board - with clients, PMs, UX/UI designers, and mobile engineers to coordinate successful project completions
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications
- Other Skills
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements
- Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure environment