Our client is looking for a Mobile Engineering Manager (iOS and Android) to help them build automation platform for both iOS and Android applications that integrate with our services platform reporting to the Director of Mobile. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and foundation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in mobile design and development.
- Successfully manage, lead and build medium-sized teams of engineers.
- Coach and develop team members.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Lead engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications.
- Manage teams to be proficient in agile development methodologies, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques.
- Collaborate with product managers and DevOps.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on technical expertise leading teams who provide mobile solutions.
- Verifiable experience in building and deploying CI systems such Jenkins, Bamboo. Hands-on experience building CI automation pipelines using Jenkins, Docker.
- Knowledge of containers, virtualizations and ability to help design and implement computing grids used for automation testing.
- Extensive hands-on experience in object-oriented, data structures and algorithm fundamentals.
- Experience building modern frameworks using appium/Selenium.
- Deep understanding of REST/SOAP API protocols.
- Experience creating build and deployment pipelines for iOS / Android mobile platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
- Able to prepare Automation/CI Tools roadmaps and present to executives.
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to iterate quickly in an agile development process.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
- This position involves regular walking, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- This position involves the use of a computer, mouse and telephone.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
- Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4 times a year.