Our client based in San Francisco who help bring objects to life through Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, allowing people to build relationships with technology that feel a little more human are rapdily expanding.
With multiple hit entertainment products, including Overdrive and Cozmo, they are are now making a big push to scale our robotics platform into broader consumer markets. To date, they have closed over $200M in investments from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and JP Morgan Chase and are once again growing our talented AI Engineering team.
We are searching for an NLP Specialist for their Cloud AI team. This team is responsible for building cloud services that give our robots industry-leading capabilities in voice, image and general pattern recognition, and allow connections to cloud-driven dynamic content.
Initially, you will focus on building out a multi-service voice solution for our products. This will involve working with the bleeding edge 3rd party offerings in ASR and NLP, as well as developing in-house solutions for ASR and Intent Resolution with custom Deep Learning and NLP algorithms. Your work will increase reliability and accuracy of the voice backend, adding value to all the products that will use these capabilities. Further work will be around ownership of Cloud NLP.
You will join a small, senior team of engineers tasked with deploying bleeding edge AI algorithms to power one of the most sophisticated uses of artificial intelligence and robotics in a consumer product. As an NLP specialist, you will bring a depth of knowledge on intent resolution, entity extraction, and slot filling, and team up with production engineers to deploy highly scalable, reliable, production quality AI services.
Your passion for high-quality code and architecture, for automation and testing, and for identifying and solving problems with code will help Anki create new kinds of AI and robotics in the cloud. This is your chance to be part of robotics and AI history!
- Evaluate existing AI services from major cloud providers involving voice and NLP, and prototype and deploy your own networks using tools like Tensorflow or Karas.
- Create and enhance robust test suites of your code, be passionate about the value of automated testing.
- Support robust automation of development, deployment, operation, and investigation of services.
- Work along with the product team to understand to obtain feature requirements for voice system. Help craft strategies to implement intents which will achieve high levels of success.
- Work along with Consumer Insights to use testing feedback to improve matching for NLP system.
- Work along with the Cloud team including DevOps engineers to maintain high reliability during peak use have a passion for monitoring, logging, and systems.
- Masters or PhD in relevant field: Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, AI, CS (with appropriate speciality)
- Familiarity with modern NLP techniques, including Intent Resolution, Entity Extraction and Slot Filling.
- Ability to read and understand academic papers on NLP and related subjects, to be able to stay at the cutting edge of the field.
- Experience with either C++ or Python in a production environment.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Passion for robotics and artificial intelligence.
- Experience with Google DialogFlow, Microsoft Bing and LUIS, Amazon Lex, Wit.ai, etc. Experience with voice assistant technology such as Amazon’s Alexa, or Google Home Assistant, or Microsoft Cortana.
- Knowledge of deep-network tools such as TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, etc.
- Experience with cloud tools such as Amazon EC2/ECS/S3/Redshift, DynamoDB, or MySQL.
- Experience with Docker/containers.
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!
- Top tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, JPMorgan Investment, and Two Sigma Ventures.
- Experts in the industry: Co-Founded by 3 Carnegie Mellon PhDs in robotics and machine learning. Huge leap over competitors in terms of product development and domain knowledge.
- Huge market potential: Conglomerate of applications in the Robotics and Artificial Intelligence space.
- Record revenue growth over the last three years.
- Headquartered in San Francisco with over 200 employees and plans to scale.